[ExI] The Climate Science Isn't Settled [was: Re: climategate again]

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Thu Dec 3 22:57:54 UTC 2009

Il 03/12/2009 18.19, Alfio Puglisi ha scritto:
> 2009/12/3 Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it
> <mailto:painlord2k at libero.it>>

>     The current decade, as we know from actual temperature readings and
>     the words written in the infamous emails, had no warming whatsoever
>     over the measurement error.

>  From GISS data I calculate the following averages:

> 1971-1980:  + 0.01 °C
> 1981-1990:  + 0.28 °C
> 1991-2000:  + 0.38 °C
> 2001-2008:  + 0.64 °C

> Standard deviation less than 0.15 °C in all cases. Do you have different
> numbers?

What massaged data set?
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/station_data/
Here I have to choose:
1) After combining Sources at same location
2) Raw GCHN data + USHCN corrections
3) After homogeneity adjustement

http://www.climateaudit.org/?p=1878
The adjustement feast.

Do you used the set corrected for the 1934-1998 inversion?
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2007/08/revised_temp_data_reduces_glob.html

Scientist, real ones, record numbers or observations, then keep them and
make them available.
They don't substitute them with adjusted, better, improved version
without clear explanation, citing sources and providing justifications.
And always keep the originals.
Try doing this with accountability and I think the IRS will not take it
lightly.

This is like old Muhammed stating that Allah substituted the old suras
with better one (when he didn't remember the suras he "revelated"
previously).

>     People can note that the 2009 line is over the 2008 line and the 208
>     line is over the 2007 line (higher = more ice).
>
>     But the CO2 emission don't went down.
>
>     CRU models didn't predict this nor explain this.

> No current climate model make predictions on a period of 3 years. Try a
> minimum of 10 years averages, 30 years is better.

Well.
I would wait 30 years to verify the predictions, then I would trust the
following predictions much more.

Mirco