[ExI] Tolerance

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Dec 7 05:59:55 UTC 2009

On 12/6/2009 11:51 PM, Giulio Prisco (2nd email) wrote:
> Both theist and atheist fundamentalists
> have a right to speak their mind, of course, but I am not very
> interested in discussing with them in their terms.

I take the term "fundamentalist" to apply to one who embraces the
literal and unalterable truth of some written revelation from one or
more deities. Since an atheist is one who declines to accept such
revelations as the basis for knowledge claims, I'm puzzled by how you
define an "atheist fundamentalist". Would this be one who holds that one
or more gods has revealed the unalterable truth that no deity exists?

Damien Broderick