[ExI] Tolerance

Post Futurist p0stfuturist at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 22:41:05 UTC 2009

Having grown up in the '60s with wild characters, I saw it all by age 13; so it doesn't happen to bother me in the slightest.

But I have no kids.

You would have to ask unbiased statisticians as to whether or not permissive has an overall negative effect. It may have a negative effect in the short run, but in the long run a beneficial effect. Perhaps by mid-century people will be genuinely "free".

Anyway, the only thing that seemed extremely unreasonable was thousands blaming Reagan for not caring about HIV and allegedly
hoping AIDS would thin the gay herd. Reagan probably didn't pay
attention and if he did he almost certainly thought it was none of his
concern. He had other things on his mind.

Don't you think people would be happier if their religion said it was
fine to have extramarital sex providing everyone involved was fully
aware of what was going on, and  agreed to it?  It's the abrahamic
religions' attitude of fear and disgust towards sex that created these
problems in the first place, and you're saying you respect them for
this? There are a large (and growing) number of polyamorous people for
whom these problems don't exist, because they take the trouble to
communicate with each other, and are honest with each other.  I've
never actually seen what any of the majority religions' attitude on
polyamory is, but I'd hazard a guess that it's not a supportive one.

Ben Zaiboc