[ExI] Wernicke's aphasia and the CRA

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Wed Dec 9 01:05:09 UTC 2009

Gordon Swobe:
> Anders,
> > How does Searle take Clark and Chalmer's extended mind concept?
> >
> > (My guess: he doesn't believe in it)
>
> Not sure he's ever considered it, but I agree he would not believe in it.
>
> Odd that you should mention it, by the way. I seem to recall bringing that
> obscure paper to the attention of people here about a million years ago in a
> discussion about qualia.

I came across it tonight - in the context of time management! Heylighen, Francis and Vidal, Clément (2007) Getting Things Done: The Science behind Stress-Free Productivity, http://cogprints.org/5904/
is a nice little overview of Allens GTD method for time management, which they try to link with situated and distributed cognition. Useful transhumanist reading.

So not only does it solve qualia, it also helps time management :-)

Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute
Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University