[ExI] Tolerance.

jameschoate at austin.rr.com jameschoate at austin.rr.com
Thu Dec 10 18:16:25 UTC 2009

---- John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>I can't. Can you think of any evil act done by a religious person that could only have been done by a religious person? Of course you can. With or without religion good
> people will do good things and bad people will do bad things, but for good people to do bad things you need religion.

First, your use of good/bad is presumptive and has a host of implicit considerations, some which directly contradict your assertion.

With regard to needing religion, not hardly. What you need is fear. People do what they do because of two and only two classes of motives. They are convinced they will gain something, or they are convinced they will lose something.

--
 -- -- -- --
Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus

James Choate