[ExI] Tolerance

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 17:11:08 UTC 2009

2009/12/11 Ben Zaiboc <bbenzai at yahoo.com>

> It's a position of taking nothing on faith.  "I don't believe there are any
> gods" is a different thing to "I believe there are no gods".  In the first,
> you are not stating a faith in something, in the second, you are.

If you are a transhumanist, you should anyway rephrase it in "I believe
there are no gods (yet)". ;-)

There again, and trying to steer the thread more on subject, something which
risks to make transhumanism impresentable in some quarters (e.g., academic
posthumanism) is the idea that the future coming of gods is something to be
taken for granted or inscribed in some cosmological necessity, rather than a
possibility - and probably a possibility that would have to be actively
pursued if it ever were to take place...

--
Stefano Vaj