[ExI] atheism

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Fri Dec 11 18:42:23 UTC 2009

Il 11/12/2009 19.25, John Clark ha scritto:
> On Dec 11, 2009, at 3:41 AM, flemming wrote:
>
>> You can believe that there is no god, but you can not prove it.
>> Therefore atheism is a religion based on belief. If you want to
>> distance yourself from religion the right ism is agnostisism.
>>

> I'll bet you are a atheist regarding Zeus and Thor and the Flying
> Spaghetti Monster, as Dawkins says he just goes one god further.
> Agnostics make the logical error of assuming that if there is no
> evidence that something exists and no evidence that it does not then
> there is a 50% chance its real.

Even if the chance to be real is only 0.00000000000000000000000001%
It don't make it unreal, only improbable.
Atheists make the error to believe that something very improbable is
impossible.
Given they are not able to prove their claim, their claim is based on
faith. I never see an atheist claim that the existence of god is
improbable. I don't remember if someone make the thesis it is
impossible. They simply claim it don't exist. Without proof. So theirs
is faith.

Mirco

p.s.
We could also talk about the problem that an god possible only in one
infinitesimal probability, given enough time would become to exist.