[ExI] Tolerance

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 19:04:06 UTC 2009

2009/12/11 Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it>:
> Il 11/12/2009 18.05, Stefano Vaj ha scritto:
>> Why, things obviously happen to exhibit a perverse consistency,
>
> The "obvious" is the problem.

No, sorry, I explained myself poorly. What I actually meant is: as I
am a good atheist/neopagan/idealist/skeptic/whatever I also have some
problems with "natural laws".

In other words: you may be right that monotheism introduced the
concept, but my views remain consistent from your POV, because I fully
agree myself that by rejecting the former I also call into discussion
the latter, and do both things.

And of course one can do good science even irrespective of the fact
that he considers "natural laws" to be the fruit of divine decrees or
a bad, albeit time-honoured, metaphor of something entirely different
from any kind of "laws", which really refers more than anything to our
own way to perceive the world.

--
Stefano Vaj