[ExI] Wernicke's aphasia and the CRA.

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Dec 13 05:09:52 UTC 2009

On 12/12/2009 2:20 PM, Gordon Swobe wrote:

>> You still refuse to acknowledge what critics [of Searle's
 >> Chinese Room] have shown for many years: the English monoglot
>> speaker is the functional equivalent of a single neuron

> Perhps you missed it Damien it but that reply of the systems critics was answered many years ago.

> In the reply, the man internalizes the rule book and steps outside the room. Different picture, same symbol grounding problem.

I begin to appreciate the value of John Clark's favorite retort: BULLSHIT!

For extra fun, why not also postulate that his cow jumps over the moon
and brings back free cheese, and that he internalizes and operates the
lookup table faster than the speed of light? Or, really, anything you
like? With one bound, Jack was free.

Damien Broderick