[ExI] Scientists Behaving Badly

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 01:28:41 UTC 2009

2009/12/15 BillK <pharos at gmail.com>:
> On 12/14/09, Alfio Puglisi wrote:
> <snip>
>> More importanly, I see no discussion of the simple topic that, even
>> conceding some of the worst interpretations of the emails, nothing would
>> change in the global warming picture: CO2 would still be a greenhouse gas,
>> its increase would still be of anthropogenic, Arctic ice and glaciers would
>> still be melting, Greenland would still be losing mass, plants would still
>> blossom earlier, temperatures would be still going up, etc.   To resume, in
>> my opinion this article adds nothing to our understanding of the situation,
>> but instead actively tries to instill in the reader a distrust for science
>> with misleading statements and attacking irrelevant details, while missing
>> the big picture entirely.
>>

> That is exactly the aim of the anti-global warming propaganda machine
> supported by the big polluter industries like ExxonMobil.  They fund
> dozens, even hundreds of different groups to give the impression that
> there is widespread opposition to the global warming findings.
>
> They don't attempt to win any scientific disputes in the peer-reviewed press.
> Their intention is to cause confusion in the minds of the general
> public and to postpone as long as possible any political actions to
> restrain the polluting industries. Repeating false claims and
> misinterpretations in the general press or blogs often enough gives
> them a semblance of credibility and that is all that they want to
> achieve.
>
> BillK

Obviously this source is biased, and I haven't read it through, but
still looks like there's interesting stuff there:

http://www.exxposeexxon.com/
"ExxonMobil is the only oil giant directly funding junk science and
groups that deny the science of global warming."

--
Emlyn

http://emlyntech.wordpress.com - coding related
http://point7.wordpress.com - ranting