[ExI] The symbol grounding problem in strong AI

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 15 17:14:45 UTC 2009

On Dec 15, 2009,  Gordon Swobe wrote:

> Crick (1994) proposed tentatively that the neuronal correlates of consciousness may be found in neuronal firings in the 40hz range in networks of the thalamocortical system

How is that theory better than my theory that consciousness is caused by a size 12 foot?

> Like most people I think Foreman had consciousness.

I think Foreman had consciousness too, but not because of his neuronal firings in the 40hz range in  the thalamocortical system. To tell the truth I don't give a hoot in hell about neuronal firings in the 40hz range in thalamocortical systems. I think Mr. Foreman was conscious because he acted intelligently. I believe Mr. Ali would agree with me and I certainly don't imagine he knew much about neuronal firings in the 40hz range in  the thalamocortical systems.

 John K Clark