[ExI] atheism

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 18:07:23 UTC 2009

2009/12/16 Ben Zaiboc <bbenzai at yahoo.com>:
>> Now, all that is applicable, AFAIK, to the very concept of
>> Yahweh, Allah, or
>> the Holy Trinity; but not to Zeus - nor for that matter to
>> Spiderman or the
>> Great Gatsby.
>
> Sorry, I don't get it.
>
> Surely all these things are in the same category: products of human imagination?
>
> What various different people imagine these imaginary things' different properties are, is irrelevant.  None of them are real.

No, it's not. Because an imaginary - or rather, mythical - Jahvé is a
contradiction in terms, based on the onthological argument.

Moreover, somebody insists here that we do not have a 100% certainty
that the Flying Spaghetti Monster does not exist. True.

But the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not claimed to "exist out of the
world", so it may well be flying around somewhere. An entity which
exists but is not part of everything that exists (being the cause of,
out of, and chronologically prior to all that) is a second
contradiction in terms.

--
Stefano Vaj