[ExI] atheism

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 13:56:25 UTC 2009

2009/12/21 Post Futurist <p0stfuturist at yahoo.com>

> >I don't consider religion merely futile, I think it's actively harmful
> to humankind. I guess that
> pretty succinctly highlights where we differ.
> --John Clark

That was me, not John.

> No doubt religion is actively harmful. My point is you offer no evidence religion is more actively
> destructive than politics, entertainment, etc.
> Because you cannot.

Well, that's pretty much what I said in the previous sentence in that
message, which you snipped:

  "We don't have numbers or a controlled experiment, we do have plenty
of history."

So I could provide lots of evidence from history, the Inquisition, the
Crusades, and other acts of repression
and persecution, but it's really just anecdotal. I can't prove it, but
I still believe it.

-Dave