[ExI] Some new angle about AI

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 10:39:21 UTC 2009

2009/12/29 scerir <scerir at libero.it>:
> We can find "uncomputability"  in quantum physics (i.e. essential randomness,
> contextuality, etc.) but also in classical physics. So it is possible that the
> brain does in fact utilise, in a technical meaning, uncomputable physics.

Sure. But as long as it computes information, rather than, say,
burning glucides or secreting something, the process itself would seem
obviously,  well, computable, this being exactly what the brain itself
does. Or would it not?

It remains of course theoretically possible that the emulation of such
process might require, at least for practical purposes, a quantum
computer (which we would know in such event to be certainly feasible).

OTOH, such requirement would seem pretty unlikely, since the human
brain, let alone the brain of an ant or a worm, does not seem to
exhibit any of the features that are normally related to quantum, as
opposed to mere "universal", computing.

--
Stefano Vaj