[ExI] D Wave back from the grave?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 16:43:48 UTC 2009

On 12/30/09, Michael LaTorra wrote:
> Hey, for anyone here who has failed to notice, Damien has been getting a lot
> of his fiction published in ASIMOV'S science fiction magazine in recent
> months.
>
> In my opinion, publishing his work has been the best move that editor Sheila
> Williams has made since she took over from Gardner Dozois.

You mean..........

Current Issue Feb 2010    Dead Air by Damien Broderick
A Phil-Dickian meditation of claustrophobic urban sprawl and the
recently deceased visiting from beyond the grave and through your
television screen.

October/November 2009
Damien Broderick channels the inventive spirit of the classic SF works
of Roger Zelazny in his tale “Flowers of Asphodel”

August 2009
Damien Broderick, swiftly becoming one of the most prolific and
dynamic writers in Asimov’s (with more to come), contributes a fine
novelette, “The Qualia Engine,” in which a group of terribly
intelligent Children of Wonder must not only advance the state of
their van Vogtian super-science, but also deal with the more complex
problem of puberty;

June 2009
This Wind Blowing, and This Tide
Damien Broderick’s fine “This Wind Blowing, and This Tide” explores a
mysterious alien shipwreck on Saturn’s moon Titan with a decidedly
unusual science team!

January 2009
Uncle Bones by Damien Broderick
a funny, and somewhat disconcerting, tale of a young man’s troubled
relationship with his uncle. The trouble is that his uncle’s, well,
dead, though not exactly . . . and that’s only part of the problem!