[ExI] Belief in Free Market Efficiency

Thomas thomas at thomasoliver.net
Sun Feb 1 04:15:56 UTC 2009

> Regardless of how one feels about regulation it is obvious that
> slavery
> can not be part of a free market system.  By definition.  [...]
>
> Fred

Thanks, Fred, for answering Damien for me.

By freedom we do not mean license.  We mean freedom from violence.
So "Free" market efficiency differs from the type of "efficiency"
that characterized bloodthirsty dictators like Stalin.

> spike wrote:
>
>> True free markets assume every person equal and free.

>  The curious thing is that communist soteriology, for example, or
> so I gather, makes the very same assumption.
>
> Damien Broderick

Equality for all and eternal life have always made good sales
pitches.  I prefer to trust someone who offers to treat me well (with
courtesy, honesty and respect) NOW, rather than after a 5 year plan
or New Deal.  I liked Ron Paul because he advocated abolishing the
IRS and the Federal Reserve Bank rather than a "stimulus package/
deferred enormous enforced debt."

> Someone want to tell me again about how blind the justice system is?
>
> Damien Broderick

The motto on the front of the U.S. Supreme Court (and front page of
U.S. law books) reads "Equal Justice Under Law."
However, if you look past that first page you discover the "corporate
veil."  These laws once deprived me of impartial justice since I
could not afford to file a new case naming the statutory agent for
corporation instead of the individuals who failed to pay me as
agreed.  The concept of collective ownership trumping individual
rights needs reform!  Rich white people in corporate gangs do not a
free market make!

> An exception might be made on compassionate grounds for
> transferring some wealth to those who are poor and unable to work, but
> certainly not for transferring wealth from the workers to the rich and
> powerful.
> --
> Stathis Papaioannou

In a free market we "transfer" wealth only by our own free choice,
not by threat of violence.

-- Thomas

Thomas at ThomasOliver.net