[ExI] Cats

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 07:16:03 UTC 2009

You actually changed the subject line when the subject changed!  Wow.  I
didn't know that was done around here. hee

I meant "relatively docile" or at least "contained" as house cats generally
are compared to their much more powerful human owners.  And I compared A.I.
to tigers in terms of the potential physical power they wield.

>Nobody *owns* cats. We do share the house with two fierce young cats,
currently, and always >have had several.

Ahh, and this could be yet another metaphor to show the relationship between
humans and A.I. in The Culture.  Nobody *owns* humans.

I imagine you writing at your computer as the cats decide to sit in your
lap, take a nap on your keyboard or help you type.  I think of cats as a
source of good mini-breaks for someone in your profession.

>Okay, seems I misread the irony in your use of "docile" to mean
"ferocious."

Not really.  But I did do my best to weasel out of things...

John  : )