[ExI] M0 singularity... you're soaking in it

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:45:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:42 AM, samantha  wrote:
> A sick economy is one the government witch doctors have practiced on for
>  far too long.  The witch doctors are now in an utter frenzy that might be
> fascinating from far enough away but is almost certainly fatal for the poor
> patient.

If you want to *really* depress yourself by considering the worst view
of the economy, try reading this long article: (with pretty graphs as
well)  :)

<http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article8541.html>

U.S. Heading for Japan Style Two Decade Economic Depression
Economics / Economic Depression Jan 28, 2009 - 12:58 PM
By: James_Quinn

Every day seems worse than the previous day. Five hundred thousand
people are getting laid off every month. Our banking system is on life
support. Retailers are going bankrupt in record numbers. The stock
market keeps descending. Home prices continue to plummet. Home
foreclosures keep mounting. Consumer confidence is at record lows. You
would like to close your eyes and make it go away. Not only is the
news not going away, it is going to get worse and last longer than
most people can comprehend. The Great Depression lasted 11 years, but
the more pertinent comparison is Japan from 1990 until today. A two
decade long downturn has a high likelihood of occurring in the United
States. There are many similarities between the U.S. and Japan, but in
many areas the U.S. has a much more dire situation. If the next decade
resembles the Japanese experience, there will be significant angst and
social unrest.
------

You think this sounds bad?  This is his *best* option!

His worse alternative is depression followed by currency collapse and
hyper-inflation.

He's definitely one of the best doom-mongers around.

(But, what if he's correct?)    :(

BillK