[ExI] "polluting my home with unwanted people"

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 22:05:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:26 PM, Damien Broderick wrote:
> At 09:21 PM 2/4/2009 +0100, Mirco wrote:
>
>>polluting my home with unwanted people
>
> I realize English is not your native language, but I'm not sure "polluting
> with people" is a sentiment entirely in line with the extropian or
> transhumanist viewpoints. But maybe I'm wrong.

I think he was talking about one of the problems that those of his ilk
will always face. You have to set up enclaves of 'true believers' who
live in a state of permanent stand-off with other enclaves of
'not-quite-true-believers'. The systems he supports only work if
everyone in his enclave is pretty much identical to him. All the
exceptions and special cases lead to horrific complications such that
it is much easier to just expel them from your enclave and make them
someone else's problem.

BillK
(whose ilk is quite peaceable unless poked with a stick).