[ExI] "polluting my home with unwanted people"

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Fri Feb 6 17:59:06 UTC 2009

Il 04/02/2009 22.26, Damien Broderick ha scritto:
> At 09:21 PM 2/4/2009 +0100, Mirco wrote:
>
>  >polluting my home with unwanted people
>
> I realize English is not your native language, but I'm not sure
> "polluting with people" is a sentiment entirely in line with the
> extropian or transhumanist viewpoints. But maybe I'm wrong.

Helping a few could be good and right, let yourself to be flooded by
people over your ability to help them and making only your and others
life miserable it is not good or right.

Sometimes it is a need to be able to draw a limit.
Because there is a limit to the power someone can use without destroying
himself. And I don't think that letting themselves being destroyed is
very extropic or transhumanist.

A group of italian mothers in Rome published a letter in a newspaper
today to announce they will move their children from the publicly funded
school they were used to send them to others, because the school is
flooded with alien children that have problem speaking Italian and their
behaviour is not acceptable by civilized people. They don't want that
their children pay for this situation.

It is easy for politicos and political activist play with someone else
lives, forcing the poors to pay the bills of their good actions. But as
these mother wrote, the politics's children  are not the children that
go to these schools. They go to schools in affluent places or to private
schools. No politics will send his six years old children in a classroom
where his child is the only native speaker.

Look Obama, touting more spending in public schools, but sending his
dear daughter to a private, elitistic and competitive school.

Mirco