[ExI] Belief in Market Efficiency

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Sat Feb 7 21:20:12 UTC 2009

Il 07/02/2009 1.37, Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:
> 2009/2/7 painlord2k at libero.it<painlord2k at libero.it>:
>
>> Problem is in democracies it is not people that decide, but the majority.
>> And the majority have only the possibility to choose between two packets the
>> two competing electoral block / parties will offer them.
>> And usually will vote always for the same, whatever they did (apart for
>> major screw ups).
>
> It would seem a simple enough matter to stand for election on a
> populist platform of reducing or eliminating taxation, or even better
> doing so while maintaining or increasing public spending. Why don't
> the idiotic proles fall for this?

They usually fall for the politicians that offer "stimulus packages",
"social wages" and other gifts from the public treasury. They never
think that the governments is not Jusus Christ and is not able to
multiply Bread and Fishes with its will only.

It is easier fall for someone that promise an immediate monetary help or
imaginary "social security" that be convinced to do hard work for
themselves and their families. But we need to say that public schools
are good to teach this ethos on young minds. Probably the only thing
they are really good.

Panen et Circensem (if I remember the latin phrase correctly) work
better in the short term that hard work for you and your family. In the
long term the politicos will find a scapegoat or will be already out of
power.

Mirco