[ExI] "polluting my home with unwanted people"

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 14:26:52 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 5:37 AM, John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Stefano Vaj wrote:
>> There is nothing humane or affordable in mass immigration in Europe,
>> both for the countries of origin and for the countries of destination,
>> but a massive destruction of resources, sovereignties and diversity.
>
> I thought these European nations (at least the political and
> business/corporate power bloc) wanted poor immigrants to come in and take
> jobs for low wages that the local citizenry would only work for much higher
> wages.  I realize this can cause higher costs/taxpayer strain when
> bi-lingual teachers are necessary, crime rates go up, or when some/many of
> the immigrants decide to go on welfare.

Yes, this is a fair description of the scenario we are faced with, but
I would remove the qualification "at least". A political and
business/corporate block exists in those countries which favours a new
slave trade on the basis of both short-term private interests and
ideological "humanitarian" alibis.

> The Japanese are in a fix because they have a rapidly aging population and
> at the same time their young women are not having near enough children to
> maintain current population levels.  And so they are taking on the challenge
> by pouring lots of resources into robotic research and development.  A large
> mobile robot that can pick up and move elderly patients from bed to bed is
> just one example.

I believe that demographic declines is per se not a very good sign,
but it is true that one reasons why slavist and immigrationist
societies historically end up as losers may have to do with the fact
that the wide availability of cheap labour unavoidably slows down
technological innovation and leads to economic stagnation. The
increased pressure on Japanese and German industries owing to the
relatively high cost of manpower actually contributed to compensate in
the post-war era the destruction of local economies by making them
internationally more competitive in the long run.

--
Stefano Vaj