[ExI] "polluting my home with unwanted people"

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 14:31:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Dagon Gmail <dagonweb at gmail.com> wrote:
> I say there are very few solutions in this area, and whats been done in
> Europe and the US is not acceptable. The problem is we are stuck with this
> situation and some people only make it WORSE by waving around a brick
> of handwavium, suggesting that more cops, internment caps, barbed wire,
> more prisons, stricter laws, more traditional values, prayer in schools,
> laws against P0rN, sundayschool will make it all get better.

Of course it would not, but we know for sure what is counterproductive, e.g.,
- destabilising governments in other countries which may be less than
friendly to human cattle free-tradism and the egemony of western
cultural norms in their societies;
- reducing other countries, in the name of globalisation, to
monocultural economies and supporting the power of local slavist
élites in exchange for their international "political correctness";
- giving away full access for everybody to local welfare systems which
are on the verge of breaking down anyway;
- encouraging businesses to import low-cost human resources,
supporting propaganda alleging that by doing so they would do well by
doing good, and allowing them to externalise the related costs;
etc.

As to the "integration" of immigrants, I wonder whether Native
Americans consider the arrival of the Europeans and the other ethnic
groups which came with them as an example of successul "integration"
in their own pre-existent society. It is not unusual that mass
immigration does not leave anything behind to be integrated in...

But to get back on-topic, one of my main concern is that such
processes reduce and compress diversity and sovereignties, dope the
economy in a way adverse to innovation, and makes for stagnant
societies which I expect to be even less conducive to transhumanist
ideas.

--
Stefano Vaj