[ExI] Kurzweil accused of being a first-rate bullshit artist

Eschatoon Magic eschatoon at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 11:32:23 UTC 2009

The book is over-optimistic, but this is a refreshing change from
today's usually defeatist writings. Let's say loud and clear that we
want to do all the things RK writes about, even if it may take longer
than he hopes. Leonardo wrote about aircraft and other developments
that it has taken centuries to actually develop, but I wouldn't call
him a bullshit artist.

These days Kurzweil-bashing is a favored past-time of many idiots who
will never do the tiniest fraction of what he has done. The man
deserves respect, if only for opening our eyes to possible futures.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:43 AM, John Grigg
> <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> "One thing I will say for Kurzweil, though, is that he seems to be a
>> first-rate bullshit artist."
>>
>> http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009/02/singularly_silly_singularity.php
>
> I haven't read the book, but based on what I saw on that blog I'd have
> to disagree...that graph is second-rate bullshit, at best.
>
> -Dave

Eschatoon Magic
http://cosmeng.org/index.php/Eschatoon
aka Giulio Prisco