[ExI] the octuplets mother and what it bodes for the future

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 08:23:06 UTC 2009

The octuplets mother, Nadya Suleman, has an official website up where she
asks for donations and even allows comments to be made.  I took the time to
ask her to give the octuplets up for adoption. lol  I have to say I am
rather sadly impressed at how she has fairly effectively manipulated the
media and public for her own ends.  Nadya is not the ordinary welfare mom by
any means.

http://thenadyasulemanfamily.com/

Pictures of her painfully huge "baby bump"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1142566/The-mother-baby-bumps-Octuplets-mum-bares-ENORMOUS-stomach-just-days-giving-birth.html

In the Transhuman Space roleplaying game it told the story of a
scientifically brilliant billionaire (he could certainly afford his many
offspring) who built a space colony for the thousands of clones he had made
of himself (the children were decanted as babies and did not have his
personality downloaded into them)!  They were one massive laissez-faire
think tank and people would make pilgrimages to the facility to seek their
aid in research projects.

I wonder what the "Nadya Suleman's" of the future will be like.  I would
think the laws controlling reproduction (whether the old fashioned way, in
vitro, xoxing, uploads, etc.) will be much stricter (and far more
effectively enforced) than they are now.

John