[ExI] the octuplets mother and what it bodes for the future

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 00:28:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Dagon Gmail <dagonweb at gmail.com> wrote:
> So - how sure are you that you don't fail the sociopath, lack of empathy
> test?

I have a "big heart" and help out where I can.  I generally feel
emotionally compelled to aid others in need, even when there is no
possible down the road pay-off for myself.  And I usually hurt when
someone else is hurting.  My emotions are linked with my desire to
help others or at least feel for them, and that demonstration of
empathy indicates to me that I'm not a sociopath.

Sociopaths often do the right thing but for a very self-serving
ulterior motive.  And the emotional connection/empathy is just not
there, period.  But hey, at least they have an excuse...

Anyone here watch the terrific cable series _Dexter_?  He's a
"socialized" sociopath.

John