[ExI] almost a drexlerian assembler...almost

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 20:56:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 7:38 AM, BillK wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Alejandro Dubrovsky wrote:
>> >From the article, it seems impossible to tell what it is.  Do you have
>>> access to the real source?
>
> If someone has access to the original article, could you email me a copy?

Dynamic patterning programmed by DNA tiles captured on a DNA origami substrate

Hongzhou Gu, Jie Chao, Shou-Jun Xiao, Nadrian C. Seeman

SUMMARY: The aim of nanotechnology is to put specific atomic and
molecular species where we want them, when we want them there.
Achieving such dynamic and functional control could lead to
programmable chemical synthesis and nanoscale systems that are
responsive to their environments. Structural DNA nanotechnology offers
a powerful route to this goal by combining stable branched DNA motifs1
with cohesive ends to produce programmed nanomechanical devices2 and
fixed3, 4, 5 or modified6, 7 patterned lattices. Here, we demonstrate
a dynamic form of patterning8 in which a pattern component is captured
between two independently programmed DNA devices. A simple and robust
error-correction protocol has been developed that yields programmed
targets in all cases. This capture system can lead to dynamic control
either on patterns or on programmed elements; this capability enables
computation or a change of structural state as a function of
information in the surroundings of the system.

Nature Nanotechnology (15 Feb 2009), doi: 10.1038/nnano.2009.5, Letters

http://heybryan.org/~bbishop/docs/Dynamic%20patterning%20programmed%20by%20DNA%20tiles%20captured%20on%20a%20DNA%20origami%20substrate.pdf

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507