[ExI] Social Mobility and Bioconservatism

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:11:11 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:20 PM, painlord2k at libero.it
<painlord2k at libero.it> wrote:
> Exactly.
> In a market, whoever would give a job to an unqualified or less qualified
> person would  had paid with his money, not with the taxpayer's money. This
> would control the nepotism, and let able people to climb the social ladder.

We both know well that I do not share your expectations from
"pure-market", radically libertarian/individualistic solutions, but
what is of interest is that in the conservative/progressive debate the
general idea shared to some extent by both opponent that the first
party would represent and defend the "wild capitalist, social
darwinist, competitive" side is a pure mythe, at least in Europe.

In fact, in most circumstances, they represent and defend the attempt
of vested interests and parasitic classes to be *protected* from all
that (only, in that case they are more often rich or middle class than
poor). Additionally, when this is the case as it often is,
conservatives happen to be as well rabid neoluddite, the two things
being connected for a number of reasons.

This, IMHO, is a possible point of convergence in our camp.

--
Stefano Vaj