[ExI] government corruption, was: RE: Social Mobility and Bioconservatism

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 17:40:24 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 4:37 PM, spike wrote:
> Thanks for the link Stathis.  I predict that the USA will drop dramatically
> in the 2009 rankings, from 18th to somewhere in high 20s to mid 30s.  It
> sure appears to me we have ushered in a government culture of corruption on
> an unprecedented scale.  Any other predictions?

Don't forget the US entrepreneurial business ethic, Spike.
The US has some of the biggest corporations in the world, so it is
already well ahead in the corporate corruption index.
<http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTWBIGOVANTCOR/Resources/ETHICS.xls>
This is an Excel spreadsheet of corporate corruption by country.

Now the question is:
If the government nationalizes lots of these corporations will the
corruption shift from corporate to government?
Does the total overall corruption level in a country stay about the
same, regardless of how the balance between corporate and government
moves?

BillK