[ExI] kindle 2

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 06:57:48 UTC 2009

2009/2/24 Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>:
> At 04:45 PM 2/24/2009 +1030, Emlyn wrote:
>
>> I cannot buy one in Australia or indeed make the cool 3g wireless
>> stuff work if I did have one, therefore Jeff Bezos is satan.
>
> That's right, blame the businessman! You blind fool, it's the government's
> fault!##
>
> Damien Broderick
>
> [##You know, I doubt it, but the Aussie govt is notoriously fucked up,
> whatever brand is in power]

They seem to be doing ok atm. Hard job I think.

Amazon are more US-centric than most of the big websites (hulu et al
notwithstanding). There's often great stuff on there that you just
can't order from other countries (leading to a little industry in US
based mail-forwarding, google "US mail forward"). Even Apple has
gotten around to releasing the iPhone in other countries, even though
it was initially hampered by being locked to a US provider. But the
Kindle? Just a fool's dream for antipodean readers, ghastly damned
creatures that we are.

--
Emlyn

http://emlyntech.wordpress.com - coding related