[ExI] Posthumanist Games ... Structure of Chess (2D to 3D , 4D , 5D or 'N' Dimension)

G P SINGH girindra at isac.gov.in
Wed Feb 25 03:58:13 UTC 2009

When we have adversarial system of game like 2D Chess where only two
players compete for checkmate. So if there is rise of players to 8 or
32 then what changes would be there in the structure of game so that
each player play game independent of each other. Is there any
possibility to change dimensions of game of chess. Can it be done to
3D, 4D , 5D or 'n'D .

I have never seen any kind of discussion on futurist game which
changes the rule of the game. Chess is basically individualistic game
where single person compete against another. In contrast football is a
team game where aim of the team is to cooperatively perform so that
opponent team's cooperative performance will be lesser.

Here i am not making  chess as a form of football or social game. Main
problem here is that How cognitive intensive games can be played by
many players. Can it be done by changing their structure like my idea
of changing the dimension and change game rules accordingly.

GP

---

Girindra Pratap Singh
Scientist-SD,
Indian Space Research Organization
ISRO Satellite Centre
Department of Space, Government of India
Bangalore-560017, INDIA