[ExI] government corruption

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 01:10:51 UTC 2009

2009/2/28 spike <spike66 at att.net>:

>> As for efficiency, medical care in the US costs about twice
>> as much as in any comparable country, with outcomes such as
>> infant mortality and life expectancy near the bottom of the
>> OECD list...
>> Stathis Papaioannou
>

> I am surprised it is only twice as much.  Anything American made is three
> times as much as anything made in China.

The comparison is with countries with a similar overall standard of
living. If I want to go on an overseas holiday from Australia, hotels,
meals, internal airfares are generally the same price or a bit cheaper
in the US than in Europe. Travel insurance, on the other hand, is on
average about 50% more expensive for the US, largely due to the cost
of health care there.

http://www.travelinsurance.com.au/select-travel-insurance.aspx

--
Stathis Papaioannou