[ExI] check this, milton friedman 30 years ago sees the future

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 21:04:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 7:21 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Talk about foretelling the future...
>

>        This will take less than 3 minutes, but should make us all stop and
> think.

> http://www.nmatv.com/video/1115/Milton-Friedman-and-Phil-Donahue--1979

Pulleeese!!!  Standard, Kool-aid induced, echo-chamber amplified
capitalist boosterism.
Stop the worshipful groveling, re-enable your skepticism, and reclaim
your intellectual independence and integrity.   Challenge the
politically-vetted and self-justifying ideological
cant-in-truth's-clothing with: let's see the facts, both sides, and
then "LET ME(meaning you, the re-enabled skeptic) BE THE JUDGE".
Enough of this, "Oh, the great god Friedman hath spoken, so it must be
true."  Make me puke.

"We have always been at war with Eastasia."  Riiiiight!

What's made people prosperous is not capitalism but increased
productivity technologically mediated.   Hey!, I'm not anti-capitalism
-- Capitalism is but one economic program drawing from the well of
technology -- just anti-brain-locked, true-believer-ism.

My boy Noam can help the sleeper awaken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFxYyXGMfZM&feature=related

You don't have to agree with him -- in fact, point your skepticism in
his direction with an even-handed diligence -- but be thoughtful,
analytical, fact-based, and fact-verifying.

Best, Jeff Davis

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it--no
matter if I have said it--unless it agrees with your own reason and
your common sense."
                         Buddha