[ExI] reconsidering the Orion's Arm timeline...

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 05:29:16 UTC 2009

2009/1/7 Keith Henson <hkhenson at rogers.com>:

> This is my attempt on humans being seduced into cyberspace in a short story.
>
> http://www.terasemjournals.org/GN0202/henson.html

Is "seduced" a good word? Sometimes I talk to people the possibility
of a human future in cyberspace and they are horrified. I counter that
no-one will be forced but instead they will undergo the change
voluntarily, because once they understand it or experience it they
will see its advantages. Comes the reply: "So people won't be forced,
they'll be seduced! That's just as bad!"

--
Stathis Papaioannou