[ExI] consciousness vs intuition and insight

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Sun Jan 18 17:27:43 UTC 2009

Sam,

Welcome to the 'nuts' crowd. I bet everyone on this list is considered
to be 'nuts' by lots of (but not all) people. And of course, we all know
we're not 'nuts' right?

I completely agree with you that we'll understand consciousness before
we understand higher cognitive things like emotion, intuition and
insight. But from some of the other things you say, I suspect we have
different ideas about what consciousness is.

On the idea of consciousness, I'm in these camps:

http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/88/6
http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/88/7

Could you concisely state just what you believe about consciousness and
what you believe can be done?

Upward,

Brent Allsop