[ExI] drugs again

Gina Miller nanogirl at halcyon.com
Mon Jan 19 20:45:52 UTC 2009

It's just a term really but most likely differentiated by people who were prescribed medicine by their doctor and people who used them for non medical effect. I think it is meant to infer abuse of use. From Wiki:
.'use' refers to the proper place of stimulants in medical practice; 'misuse' applies to the physician's role in initiating a potentially dangerous course of therapy; and 'abuse' refers to self-administration of these drugs without medical supervision and particularly in large doses that may lead to psychological dependency, tolerance and abnormal behavior." The truth is, there is a wide scale on the bar here, drugs can save lives but can also end them and everything in between. If you want to be technical, yes it is people who control the usage, but it does not alleviate the power of the results.

Gina "Nanogirl" Miller
Nanotechnology Industries
http://www.nanoindustries.com
Personal: http://www.nanogirl.com
Animation Blog: http://maxanimation.blogspot.com/
Craft blog: http://nanogirlblog.blogspot.com/
Foresight Senior Associate http://www.foresight.org
Nanotechnology Advisor Extropy Institute  http://www.extropy.org
Email: nanogirl at halcyon.com
"Nanotechnology: Solutions for the future."