[ExI] Inauguration speech

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Jan 20 22:09:58 UTC 2009

I would have preferred him to start his catalogue not with
"Christians and Muslims," etc, but with the larger logical sets
"Believers and nonbelievers" or "People of faith and people of
reason" or "The superstitious and the rational." :)

It's pretty depressing that by implication the "unbelievers" (those
godless bastards) only get a mention *after* the Scientologists and
Mormons and Wiccans and Xian "Scientists" and astrologers and Jim
Jonesians... Still, me and my mates *were* allowed in at the end.

Damien Broderick