[ExI] M0 singularity... you're soaking in it

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Sun Jan 25 17:49:52 UTC 2009

Yes, Gordan, thanks for this very educational info.

The Adam Hamilton article did seeme very biased towards gold freaks.

His first MZM Money and CPI chart compared the CPI growth rate with the
MZM money supply growth rate.

Durring the year 2006 it proclaimed that the money supply growth rate
was : "stable, matches CPI", but this doesn't take into account that
there was also a simple significant growth in the number of people,
companies, immigrants during 2006.  So if they 'match' like this there
is some significant deflationary pressure really going on right?  Such
numbers aren't "stable" at all?

So, Gordan, help me better understand this "M1 Multiplier".  So if it is
negative, that means that the fed is injecting 'new' (or printed money)
by purchasing bonds and such (M0), but people simply aren't spending
this money and keeping it in cache?

And if so, this is exactly what I was thinking of as I read the Adam
Hamilton article.  I  figured the money must occasionally do things like
double during a single year to help get us out of panics like this where
people hoard cache.  A negative "M1 Multiplier" is evidence that this is
happening or that cache is being horded?

How would this differ if people were hoarding money in real cache in
places like mattresses verses their cache savings accounts?  Would that
change this M1 Multiplier?

Either way, it is very exciting to see this kind of long term geometric
growth in the amount of money we all have.  We really are soaking in the
singularity.

Brent Allsop