[ExI] robot rights

sam micheal micheals at msu.edu
Tue Jan 27 06:06:56 UTC 2009

this may sound 'insane' but i assure you - the topic is relevant to our
times.

someone soon will develop a very intelligent machine (capable of general
problem solving).

someone (else?) soon will develop a conscious machine.

they may not be the same machine.

however, we must consider robot rights before either one is developed.

if we do not, it is irresponsible and ignorant.

i have created a website where you can "caste your vote" either way (if
you think they should have rights or partial rights or no rights).

the website is:   http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/94/2

if you disagree, click on the branch you agree with. "take a stand."
"cast your vote."

there are many other topics you can "vote" on with canonizer.com

register and cast your vote. whether we agree or disagree, we cannot
make progress unless we "take a stand".

sam micheal