[ExI] consciousness and perception

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Wed Jan 28 12:33:27 UTC 2009

John,

I believe you are still completely missing what is important here, as
proved by the way you talk about this.

This theory predicts that John lock, and Descartes before him, had
everything they needed to understand the difference between phenomenal
and behavioral properties.  Tomorrow, someone could revolutionize
fundamental physics, explain quantum theory in a very different way than
our current understanding or anything, and that would still not change
the fundamental difference between the fact that all of that only deals
with the way matter behaves in cause and effect ways.

A fundamental phenomenal property, red vs green, and what they are
phenomenally like and how they are different, has nothing to do with
what stuff is causally or behaviorally like.

Brent Allsop