[ExI] Belief in Market Efficiency

Thomas thomas at thomasoliver.net
Fri Jan 30 22:16:44 UTC 2009

> Markets need civilizing and laws, just like property and human
> behaviour.
>
> BillK

Free market traders with education, enlightenment and refinement
(civilized) have the advantage over savages.
Markets regulated by laws of privilege (such as the corporate veil)
favor the ruthless and arbitrary over the rational.
I think a universal ban on collective title to property would go a
long way toward civilizing markets.
The golden rule seems like the only rule we really need.  Violent
punishment of human behavior has not proven effective.
In a free society, loss of market share would supplant stupid
violence as a motivator.  Got any better ideas?  -- Thomas