[ExI] Belief in Market Efficiency

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 13:51:38 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Stathis Papaioannou
<stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
> The question is, where does the legitimacy of the capitalist's
> ownership of potentially productive resources come from? Note that the
> moral question is separate from the practical question: to show that
> it is useful to allow some people to acquire large fortunes is not
> necessarily the same as saying that it is fair.

This seems to me a too traditional and theoretical way to iterate such
an old debate.

The very preliminary issues, IMHO, are:
- is it useful to allow some people to acquire, or maintain, fortunes
which vastly exceed what might still have an impact on their
lifestyle?
- is it useful to allow some people to dispose of large fortunes which
they did not "acquire" in any socially, or even Darwinistically,
meaningful sense?

--
Stefano Vaj