[ExI] Electronic Quantum Holography

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 31 18:24:58 UTC 2009

There is an interesting article at:

http://www.nature.com/nnano/journal/vaop/ncurrent/abs/nnano.2008.415.html

And a interesting quote by Hari Manoharan, one of the authors of the paper:

"How densely can you encode information on a computer chip? The assumption
has been that basically the ultimate limit is when one atom represents one
bit, and then there's no more room-in other words, that it's impossible to
scale down below the level of atoms."

"But in this experiment we've stored some 35 bits per electron to encode
each letter. And we write the letters so small that the bits that comprise
them are subatomic in size. So one bit per atom is no longer the limit for
information density. There's a grand new horizon below that, in the
subatomic regime. Indeed, there's even more room at the bottom than
we ever imagined."

 John K Clark