[ExI] Private and government R&D

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Wed Jul 1 12:29:39 UTC 2009

Rafal Smigrodzki ha scritto:

> ### No, this is not something that everyone supports - it's something
> everyone wants to pretend they support, and shifting 99.999% of its
> cost on others (especially the rich) is just the way to have your
> hypocritical cake and eat it too. If people really want something,
> like building a cathedral, they *will* pay on their own.

For example, the "Sagrada Família, is a massive, privately-funded Roman
Catholic church that has been under construction in Barcelona,
Catalonia, Spain since 1882 and is not expected to be complete until at
least 2026."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Fam%C3%ADlia

Stathis could tell us how privately funded project are always short term
minded. Not only, he could tell us how many public funded project become
self-supporting like the Sagrada Familia (they fund the building with
the tickets of the visitors).

> Don't confuse your desire to pretend you are good with actually being good.

I think he confuse his desire to feel good about himself with actually
being good.

Mirco