[ExI] Private and government R&D [was Health care in the USA]

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Thu Jul 2 23:44:21 UTC 2009

Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:

> I might be financially better off without taxation since I am in a
> relatively high tax bracket, but the people who currently can't work
> for one reason or another would definitely be worse off, and the
> country as a whole might be worse off, given a few years of no public
> services such as education or health. You don't believe this,
> obviously, but most people do, which is why they agree to be taxed
> when taxation is such an intrinsically unpleasant thing.

Well, many wives believe that without their husband they would be worse
off. So they accept to be beaten by their husband.

I suppose that until they believe so, there is no way to help them.

The problems arise when the beaten wives advocate for forcing wives that
don't want be beaten by their husbands to accept to be beaten, because
they believe that these women would be worse without their husbands or
that the beaten wives would be worse off if other women don't accept to
be beaten.

Mirco