[ExI] Trailer for Surrogates

Max More max at maxmore.com
Sat Jul 4 05:10:29 UTC 2009

Has anyone else seen the trailer for the upcoming movie, Surrogates,
starring Bruce Willis?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0986263/
In the near future, humans live in isolation and only interact
through robotic bodies that serve as surrogates. When several humans
are murdered when their surrogates are destroyed, a cop (Bruce
Willis) investigates the crimes through his own surrogate. After a
near fatal encounter, the cop's surrogate is destroyed and forces him
to bring his human form out of isolation and unravel a conspiracy
behind the crimes.

Apparently it's based on a graphic novel that, to my surprise, I
haven't yet read:

http://www.amazon.com/Surrogates-Graphic-Novels/dp/1891830872/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246683976&sr=1-1

The preview Natasha and I saw today looks promising. Should be
interesting from a transhumanist POV.

Max

Max More, Ph.D.
Strategic Philosopher