[ExI] No need for radical changes in human nature/was Re: Private and government R&D

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 11:31:45 UTC 2009

2009/7/11 Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it>:

> The high IQ would-be king need to be supported by low IQ people that
> will follow him, do what he say and are easy to fool around.
> If the population have their IQ raised 10 point, it would be much more
> difficult for him to make the case for a war, if there is no reason to
> go in war and reasons to live in peace with the neighbours.

Perhaps if everyone's IQ was raised by an equal amount, including the
would-be king's, he would still have a relative intellectual advantage
and be able to work his mischief. I think there is a natural tendency
for each person to consider himself at least clever enough to be
immune from manipulation, even by someone much cleverer than he is,
but I don't know that that's true.

--
Stathis Papaioannou