[ExI] iranian riots all a huge mistake

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Mon Jul 13 09:36:35 UTC 2009

Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:

> "After international pressure, the Iranian Government's Parliamentary
> Committee reportedly removed articles stipulating the death penalty
> for apostasy from the Islamic Penal Code Bill, but the changes have to
> be approved by legislators."

> They are making changes tending towards greater secularisation, which
> is the historical trend over the centuries.

My impression is, anyway, that they wrote the law and approved it.
Now, under pressure from abroad, they are refraining from using it and
are waiting journalists lose interest in the issue.
The fact that "they reportedly removed" is probably only this.
"They said they did", no proof they did or proof the legislators have
the will to abrogate it.

The changes tending toward greater secularism are inside the society,
not the ruling class. And the ruling class rule and kill now.

> There may be temporary
> setbacks but ultimately religion is doomed, or at least doomed to be
> watered down until it's inoffensive.

I would classify this under "religious prophecies".

Mirco