[ExI] constitution amendments, was: iranian riots all a huge mistake

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jul 18 01:52:03 UTC 2009

> 2009/7/18 spike <spike66 at att.net>:

> the military
> > "did not use legal means to remove the president..." which
> is subtly
> > different from "...used illegal means to remove the president..."
>
> When has the military ever "legally" removed a president?... Stathis
Papaioannou

Possibly last month.  I don't know enough about the Honduras constitution or
the actions of their supreme court to know for sure.  I notice our
government is leaving itself some wiggle room in case it turns out Zelaya
really did defy the SCOH.  The lamestream media here have reported it both
ways: the Honduran military and the Zelaya did illegal actions.  Time will
tell.

I have no particular dog in that fight.  I do consider it a valuable
demonstration to the US government, a reminder that the military vows to
uphold the constitution, and part of their duty is to remove any president
that steps outside its limits.