[ExI] Private and government R&D [was Health care in the USA]

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 03:12:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Stathis Papaioannou<stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/7/18 Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>:
>
>>  Why is the
>>> Canadian system so much more efficient?
>>
>> ### Why do you say stuff like that?
>
> Canadian taxpayers pay less per capita for their universal public
> health system than US taxpayers do for their more limited system. That
> makes the US public health system much less efficient. Why is that?

### I am trying not to sound like a jerk, so I wrote "stuff" instead
of "bullshit" but in this case it lead to a misunderstanding. I am not
trying to restart a healthcare discussion, I was just dismissing your
statement, since I know that the Canadian system is a shambles, all
monopolies are evil bullshit and the US system is evil statist
bullshit (and contrary to what you say, it *is* a universal access
public system), and I wrote all that on the list at least 6 times in
the last 10 years. But for some reason, my interlocutors return like a
broken record to the same old ....er, stuff.

Rafal